- Work with organization to define fundraising and marketing objectives for the event.
- Work with organization to develop an event format, which will position the organization to meet its fundraising and marketing objectives.
- If specific brand messages and/or event themes are used (e.g. event tagline, logo, etc.), Innovative Philanthropy will work to ensure their consistent use throughout event production, decor, and written materials.
- Identify possible venues that meet organization’s requirements.
- Conduct site visits, compare venues, and work with organization to select final venue.
- Secure date with venue.
- Negotiate contract terms with venue.
- Coordinate decor and serve as the liaison for approvals to organization.
- Coordinate food and beverage logistics with venue and/or caterer and serve as the liaison for approvals to organization.
- Coordinate catering tasting and accompany organization’s representatives to tasting.
- Coordinate other vendors as required by the program; manage their contracts, payments, and event-day production needs.
- Develop event program and run of show.
- Coordinate the design and production of printed materials for the event.
- Arrange transportation for honoree(s), master of ceremonies / host, and other key individuals for the event.
- Work with organization to strategically seat guests.
- Conduct preliminary and final seating meetings using venue layouts to determine placement of guests.
- Produce final check-in lists.
- Collect and inventory gift bag items.
- Assemble gift bags.