- Help build lists of prospective event attendees, including current base of support and new potential donors.
- Work with organization to create an event hierarchy.
- Help organization develop a committee(s).
- When committee is formed, work with each committee member to mine their personal and business contacts and build their solicitation lists.
- Develop committee solicitation letters and reply forms and coordinate mailings.
- Work with committee members to personalize invitation package and execute accordingly.
- Work with committee members on follow-up and acknowledgement.
- Meet regularly with committee members regarding fundraising and event logistics.
- Work with organization to identify and approach honoree(s) from various industries (includes targeted research and prospect profiles).
- Serve as the liaison to honoree(s) – communicate event details to his/her office, obtain biographical information and photos of him/her for event materials, and assist him/her in soliciting support from friends and colleagues.
Master of Ceremonies / Host
- Work with organization to identify and select a master of ceremonies / host.
- Serve as the liaison to master of ceremonies / host – communicate event details to his/her office and obtain biographical information and photos of him/her for event materials.
Save the Date and Invitation
- Work with organization and graphic designer(s) to coordinate the theme, design, copy, and print production of the save the date and/or invitation.
- Organize the signing and insertion of personal notes by key people such as committee members, executives, and Board Members.
- Coordinate stuffing, stamping, sealing, and mailing of save the date and invitation with mail house.
- Work with graphic designer to define journal specifications and print requirements.
- Collect journal sales and corresponding advertisements from donors.
- Coordinate layout with designer.
- Coordinate printing.
Ticket Sales, RSVPs, and Revenue
- Determine the best mechanisms for ticket sales and implement accordingly (e.g. mail, online, phone, etc.)
- Determine the appropriate tax deductibility based on “goods received” for invitations, acknowledgement letters, and other printed materials.
- Manage all incoming RSVPs and associated revenue.
- Send frequent RSVP and revenue updates to all relevant parties.
- Complete follow-up and acknowledgement calls as directed by the organization.
Silent / Live Auction
- Research and identify prospective auction items.
- Work with organization to solicit, secure, and package auction lots.
- Coordinate the delivery of auction items to the event.
- Work with venue to create an auction display (for live and/or silent auction) to maximize bids.
- Manage live and/or silent auction logistics, including hiring and managing auctioneer, distributing bid cards, setting up bid sheets, and creating and managing silent auction payment and check out.
- Obtain contact information from highest bidders for each package.
Thank You and Acknowledgements
- Generate and mail thank you letters to all contributors. These will comply with IRS stipulations.
- Coordinate personalized thank you notes to relevant recipients.
- Coordinate the delivery of special gifts (flowers or gift baskets) to key participants.